ISCC affiliated Imams Issue Important Fatwa
Attack on Canada and the United States is Attack on Muslims Too
Over 10 million Muslims Live in North America
Calgary) Twenty Imams affiliated with the Islamic Supreme Council of Canada have issued a Fatwa today declaring the attacks on Canada and the United States by any extremist will be the attack on 10 million Muslims living in North America. This is the first Fatwa by the Muslim clergy declaring attacks on Canada and the United States as attack on Muslims too. Following is the text of the Fatwa.
FATWA (religious edict)
In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful
We, the undersigned Imams, are issuing the following Fatwa in order to guide the Muslims of North America regarding the attacks on Canada and the United States by the terrorists and the extremists. In our view, these attacks are evil and Islam requires from Muslims to stand up against this evil. In the holy Qur’an Almighty Allah orders Muslims,
“Let there among you be a group that summon to all that is beneficial commands what is proper and forbids what is improper; they are the ones who will prosper.” (3:104)
“Believing men and believing women are protecting friends of one another; they enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong; they perform salat and give zakat…” (9:71)
“Those who, if We establish them in the land (with authority), establish regular prayers and practice regular charity and enjoin the right and forbid the wrong…” (22:41)
Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said in a Hadith;
“When people see a wrong-doer and do nothing to stop him, they may well be visited by God with a punishment.”
Therefore, it is an obligation upon us (Imams) to inform all Muslims around the world that Muslims in Canada and the United States have complete freedom to practice Islam. There is no single city in Canada and the United Stateswhere MASAJIDS (Mosques) are not built. In all major cities Islamic schools provide education to Muslim children about Qur’an and the Islamic traditions. Thousands of Muslims perform Hajj every year and travel to Saudi Arabia with complete freedom and respect. In the month of Ramadan, both Canadian and the United States governments recognize the occasion and greet all Muslim citizens. Muslims pray five daily prayers in mosques without any fear or restrictions. Muslims have complete freedom to pay Zakat (poor due) to the charity or a person of their choice. Muslims have complete freedom to celebrate their festivals openly, publicly and Islamically. Muslims enjoy freedom of religion just like Christians, Jews and others. No one stops us from obeying Allah and His Messenger (Peace be upon him). No one stops us from preaching Islam and practicing Islam. In many cases, Muslims have more freedom to practice Islam here in Canada and the United States than many Muslim countries.
In fact, the constitutions of the United States and Canada are very close to the Islamic guiding principles of human rights and freedom. There is no conflict between the Islamic values of freedom and justice and the Canadian /US values of freedom and justice.
Therefore, any attack on Canada and the United States is an attack on the freedom of Canadian and American Muslims. Any attack on Canada and the United States is an attack on thousands of mosques across North America. It is a duty of every Canadian and American Muslim to safeguard Canada and the USA. They must expose any person, Muslim OR non-Muslim, who would cause harm to fellow Canadians OR Americans. We, Canadian and American Muslims, must condemn and stand up against these attacks on Canada and the United States.
May Allah save Canada, the United States and the entire world from the evil of wrong doers. Ameen.
- Prof. Imam Syed B. Soharwardy – Calgary
- Allama Imam Ghalib Hussain Chishty – Calgary
- Allama Imam Syed Mukhtar Naeemi – Houston, USA
- Allama Imam Muhammad Nasir Qadri – Montreal
- Allama Imam Abdul Latif No’mani – Vancouver
- Imam Hafiz Muhammad Zarif Naeemi – Airdrie
- Imam Nizamuddin Sayed Qadri – Calgary
- Imam Qazi Bashiruddin Qadri – Hamilton
- Imam Osman Qazi – Toronto
- Imam Saeed Ahmed Saifee – Toronto
- Alimah Hafizah Sister Zaheera Tariq – Calgary
- Imam Ayaz Khan Qadri – Calgary
- Alimah Sister Fatimah Zohra – Toronto
- Imam Shahid Bashir Lahori – Calgary
- Imam Hafiz Intizar Ahmed Qadri – Montreal
- Imam Sayed Sajid Qadri – Calgary
- Imam Arif Mahmood Naqshbandi – Calgary
- Imam Muhammad Anees Siddiqui – Calgary
- Sister Shahana Kamil – Mississauga
- Mr. Mushtaq Khan – Mississauga
- Imam Sayyid Ahmed Amiruddin– Mississauga
- Imam Salim Chishti – New Lebanon, New York, USA
- Sister Khadijah Chmilovska – Muslim Chaplain at the University of Calgary
- Allama Imam Abdul Ghani Owaisy – Houston, USA
- Allama Imam Muhammad Amin Mujaddadi – Live Oak, California, USA
- Allama Imam Faiz Rasool Qadri – Houston, USA
- Allama Zubair Naqshbandi – San Francisco, USA
- Dr. Asad U Khan – Winnipeg, Manitoba
For further questions, please contact Imam Syed Soharwardy at 403-831-6330 OR email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks
Note: As we receive more endorsements from our honourable Imams, we will be updating the list on regular basis.