Ali asked 1 year ago

Question: Assalamu alaikum, My ex-wife moved to a western country along with my children without my consent (or even informing me) right after I divorced her. Now, she is asking for financial support for the kids, I agreed to provide monthly maintenance if she comes back, but she is not agreeing, instead she has applied to the that government for financial support, and has decided to live there permanently. My question is, should I provide her the monthly maintenance; doing so will encourage her to live there and never come back. I am a devoted Muslim and fear Allah in this matter. Please suggest me a solution in light of Holy Quran, Sunnah and Hadith. Thanks